Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cruel

is how I would describe my night last night. Everything seemed to be in vast quantities, and even before I finished one task I was given another.
Example: I had to unwrap 360 mini tarts and lay them out on cookie sheets.
Another example: I had to move 20 trays of full creme brulees without spilling them. Some were still spilled.
I moved on from just cracking dozens of eggs to now separating dozens of eggs-last night's count was 81.

I think the night was also bad because I was bitter. I was told that a celebrity was coming to the restaurant, and that I might get to see him. [Clues: he is in a movie with an object I love, and he is in another movie in which he is alone in a city]. I then found out that he had cancelled his reservation, and only his mother and sister were there.

Cedric then told me he wanted me to work Monday too. I think he could tell by my response that I was not too happy...so he changed his mind.
The night ended well though, with a delicious Friendly's lava cake ice cream extravaganza. My mother made the comment that it was bizarre that I was coming from Le Bec Fin to go to Friendly's for dessert...but Friendly's was great.

Restaurant week starts today, so the next two weeks should be very busy and not as much fun. And less pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this I don't know whether to say "What a wonderful, real-world work experience you'll never forget!" or "How much are they paying you to run their pastry kitchen for a month?" Are you dreaming about cracking eggs? I bet you'll be glad to get back to school. It will seem like a piece of cake (oops). As to the celebrity, I'm wracking my brain and not coming up with anything. A few more hints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the celebrity will smith?
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete